For most of us, graduation will be the most exciting time of our university careers. What most of us don’t realise is that our connection with CSU doesn’t end upon graduation. As part of CSU’s Alumni (or ex-student) community, we join more than 170,000 other graduates worldwide who have come before us.
Here are five reasons you’ll want to stay connected with our university:
- Stay in touch with your uni mates: Lots of us make heaps of wonderful friends during our years of study but it is so easy to lose contact once we’ve all finished university and gone our separate ways. You can stay in touch with your friends from across the world by creating an ‘Alumni Chapter’ which is a group of Alum who share a common location (or even a common industry or interest) and wish to participate in ongoing activities together.
- Careers advice: For 12 months after you finish you course you can access free career services including resume review, job application coaching, workshops and more. Something worth keeping in mind when you hit the jobs market.
- Further education: Being CSU Alumni means you’re eligible for a 10% discount on any further study you choose to do at CSU. The discount is automatically applied to your course, so simply enrol as normal. No matter whether it’s a Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma Masters or a PhD, you can decrease your costs by choosing CSU! Even when you’re not studying, you can still enjoy unrestricted access to the CSU library, including the collection of 4000+ full text journals available online.
- Alumni events: from hot air ballooning to a climb across the world famous Sydney Harbour Bridge, the Alumni Office hosts a series of Alumni events that bring CSU Alumni together to experience something really special – unique encounters that foster fun and friendships. Visit Alumni upcoming events for more information.
- Health and lifestyle: CSU runs a number of clinics which you can attend and save on your health services. You can receive a 10% discount on dental services from one of CSU’s dental clinics located on each of the main campuses. Your pets are also eligible for a 10% discount for veterinary services provided on the Wagga Wagga campus. If wine is something you fancy, CSU Winery offers Alumni a 20% discount on purchases of less than a dozen, and 25% discount on purchases of more than a dozen.
DID YOU KNOW? CSU has an Alumni magazine called Thrive. Keep up-to-date with all CSU news in this twice yearly publication.