What is special consideration?
Special consideration is applied for when circumstances have occurred that impact your ability to finalise your subject assessment requirements by the end of session, including residential schools. For example, if you fell ill and weren’t able to sit an exam, this is how you would apply for consideration.
What we’ve done
On Monday 3 July the PDF special consideration form was replaced with a ‘smart’ web form.
You’ll be able to complete and submit the form easily using a number of new features, including:
- Your personal details will be captured automatically
- Eligible subjects will be listed for selection. For example, any enrolled subject that has no final substantive grade
- You’ll be able to apply for special consideration for up to eight subjects in the one submission
- Originally when submitting a Special Consideration form, you would apply for a final grade outcome. Now, your request is clearly defined with the following options to apply for:
- An extension past the end of session to complete an assignment, assessment or placement
- An extension past the end of session to complete a compulsory residential school
- A supplementary final exam
- To withdraw from a subject after census date
- An exemption or partial exemption from a compulsory residential school
- More help text fields, indicated by �
- Warnings which reflect CSU policy
- You can now upload documents in the form
- You can view, fill and submit the form on your android phone, iPhone, iPad and tablets.
Sit tight for more updates in time for Session 3 2017!