Do you have ideas that could help shape CSU’s Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP)?
CSU is looking for students and staff to join one of three Working Groups, each considering a different focus area for the plan.
The RAP Steering Group is encouraging you to submit an expression of interest, regardless of whether you are an Indigenous or non-Indigenous Australian, to help make this a shared journey.
The focus areas for the RAP are:
|Theme||CSU Value||Key outcomes|
|Relationships||Inclusive||· Creating mutually respectful and beneficial relationships within our communities
· Being inclusive of all members of our community and everyone’s ability to contribute to making a world worth living in (e.g. Reconciliation Week or NAIDOC activities and engagement)
· Developing engagement plans to work with communities and promote the RAP
|Respect||Insightful||· Developing staff and students who are understanding of people and the world
· Believing in the value all people can contribute (e.g. cultural learning activities, increased awareness and understanding of Indigenous cultures)
· Acknowledgement and Welcome to Country protocols and standards for CSU
· Ensuring policies encourage participation in cultural celebrations and activities
|Opportunities||Inspiring||· Providing opportunities for developing leaders through education and employment opportunities
· Developing leaders who are inspiring and able to lead future generations, creating a world worth living in
· Examples include increasing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, students and research activities, or accessing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander suppliers for business purposes.
It is expected each theme will include activities that relate to students, staff, teaching, research and the community, so it’s important to have students represented.
You will meet two or three times before the end of the year, by videoconference.
Expressions of interest close at 5pm Friday 15 September 2017.
To get involved, email firstname.lastname@example.org including your:
- Position title (or student)
- Area of study
- Campus location
- An indication of which RAP focus are you are interested in working on
- A short paragraph (up to 150 words) on your interest and commitment to Our CSU RAP and what you can bring to the Working Group.
More information is available on the Reconciliation Action Plan website.