Boosting your skills doesn’t have to come with a hefty price tag or an overwhelming time commitment.
Thanks to Lynda.com, you can get quick, easy-to-understand training in areas that will help you work towards your dream job or get your side-hustle off the ground.
CSU has used SSAF funds to purchase student licences to Lynda.com, giving you free access to thousands of videos to gain skills that might not be included in your degree.
Check out the Learning Paths section to see a range of courses grouped to help you work towards a particular goal. Each video goes for just a few minutes, or you can work through the content to develop more in-depth knowledge.
No matter what you’re studying, or what your end goal may be, you can “Become a songwriter”, “Improve your Microsoft Excel Skills”, “Publish an eBook” or even “Become an Ethical Hacker”. If you’re graduating soon, you might want to “Become a Successful Job Hunter”, or if you’ve got a business on the side, you can learn how to “Design a Logo”.
Best of all, the modules are all free for CSU students, funded through the Student Services and Amenities Fee, and you can do them at your own pace, in your own time.
To join Lynda.com, all you need is your CSU student login information:
- Head to the Lynda.com homepage
- Select “sign in” at the top right
- Select “sign in with your organisation portal”
- Enter “csu.edu.au” and click “continue”
- Enter your CSU username and password
- Make sure you select your Faculty (Faculty of Arts and Education; Faculty of Business, Justice and Behavioural Sciences or Faculty of Science) in the Business Unit / Group when you create your profile.