- CSU’s Bathurst campus has an extensive range of facilities, and you get access to most of them!
- Leisure and sporting: gym, basketball courts, tennis courts, sports fields, Ponton Theatre and common areas on all residences
- Food: Food Bowl, Pulse Café, Rafters Bar, Crave Café, plus Charlie’s Store (the mini market for all your study or living needs!)
- Support: Residence Life office, counsellors and Student Liaison Officers on campus, Dental and Oral Health Clinic
- 24/7 Learning Commons: located in the centre of campus with a café, Student Central desk, study support from the ALLaN team, library resources and a wide assortment of study spaces.
- Also available on campus is CSU Print, which offers affordable printing and photocopying however you need, and a post office in Charlie’s Store – both within walking distance from all residences
- If you’re not familiar with Bathurst, you may like to know that you’ll be living next to the world-famous Mt Panorama! Whether you’re a race fan or not, you’ll experience Bathurst 1000 (the biggest car racing event in the world) first-hand from campus. Some even say, in Bathurst, this event is bigger than Christmas! The Mount is also a great place to sneak away to take a break from campus and studying.
- Bathurst’s on-campus accommodation is located in natural surroundings so you have the joy of waking up to kangaroos grazing nearby, walking through intense autumn colours on the trees which are home to beautiful birds and, if you’re lucky to see them, possums! There is so much nature to explore, and if you’re coming from the city, the clear country breeze and scenery change is definitely worth the stay.
- Finally, here’s a secret about our Bathurst campus: behind the residences there is access to the Kangaroo Walking Track which is an easy hiking track with incredible views over all of Bathurst, Mt Panorama and the stunning mountains, plus you get to see families of kangaroos in their natural home. Put that on your to-do list!
And a quick fact, there are about 2,500 students studying at Bathurst Campus which means there are plenty of people to meet! So, is Bathurst your home-to-be this year?
If you’ve got some top tips for living and studying at your campus, we want to hear them! Contact email@example.com to become a paid contributor and start sharing your experiences.