Session 1 is fast approaching and there’s much to do, so here is your checklist for on campus and online orientation!
Welcome to CSU! Have you checked these things off your list yet?
- Check out your Orientation Portal
- Order your CSU Card
- Apply for scholarships
- Access your online learning space – Interact2
- Check if you need to order any textbooks
- Check your enrolment
- Ensure you’ve enrolled in the right subjects as per the course handbook
- Join the CSUSocial Facebook Group
- View your upcoming fees and finances
Once you arrive on campus, you will have three main orientation activities:
- Academic sessions: Meet your Course Director or other academic staff, make sure you’re up-to-speed with all your course requirements and check you’ve got everything you need for your first classes.
- Services and support sessions: Find out about the support team available at CSU to help you through your studies. There are dedicated teams to help you boost your study skills, manage your finances, look after your health and more.
- Uni life sessions: Get involved in our social program to make some of your first Uni friends! Brush up your trivia skills and be prepared to whip up some homemade costumes and have some fun.
Being an online student, you want flexible options. So, orientation sessions for online students are offered online, on-campus, via recorded video for you to watch anytime or there’s also the option to contact your course director.
- Course Orientation session
To kick orientation off, get your Uni 101 with this session. Here you’ll get an overview of your course, learning environment, subject expectations and where to find help.
- Online Orientation workshop
If you’re new to CSU, add this workshop to your list to find your way around online study like a pro! You’ll become familiar with your online learning tools and CSU’s services and support that can help you on your study journey
- Academic Success Online Orientation
Ace your first Uni assignments by knowing how to boost your study, literacy and learning skills. Add the Academic Success Online Orientation to discover a host of handy resources and tips to develop your skills for studying, researching, writing, referencing and more.