The 2019 SSAF (Student Services and Amenities Fee) Student Initiative Round is now open and it is your opportunity to put forward your ideas to improve the student experience here at Charles Sturt University. This includes bids for projects to benefit us, our studies and campus or online experience, and best of all, it is available to everybody.
This opportunity is available for all students, whether on campus internal to online students, and has several benefits.
- You can help guide the annual SSAF payment goes towards something you are passionate about and can benefit from
- Through a SSAF submission you can contribute to the ongoing development of essential services and amenities for all CSU students
- You can make a positive impact on the CSU student experience
- It’s a great way to show pride in your university and put your stamp on CSU, which also includes the added bonus of bragging rights, even long after you’ve graduated!
Past SSAF funded projects include refurbishment and improvement of campus facilities plus online spaces, distribution of student services such as counselling and health and wellbeing initiatives, and student engagement platforms such as Charlie.
Once you have an idea or a proposal, follow the steps below to get it in motion.
- Make sure that your idea meets one or more of the 19 different areas that the funding can be spent on, which you can find HERE.
- Make sure that your proposal isn’t already one being completed by CSU or other projects underway, which you can find details HERE.
- Provide evidence that your proposed project is needed by other students and is a priority.
- It is also best to get help from a CSU staff member, and then finally bring it to your SRC for the final approval.
For more information, click HERE.
Remember, this could be your chance to put forward your ideas to improve your university experience, and to leave your mark on CSU. Get planning!!!
This round is open now and is due to your SRC for SRC approval by May 15th.